At Edwardo’s Natural Pizza, we know there are more reasons to love pizza than we could ever try to count. In the interest of keeping things simple, we will simply start with these 11. Did we leave something out? Let us know on Facebook.
1. The average American eats 46 slices of pizza a year. This is over 14 billion slices of pizza in the U.S. with 350 slices of pizza eaten each second.
2. Pizza sales total over $33 billion each year.
3. The average American eats almost 11 pounds of mozzarella cheese annually.
4. About 62% of all pizzas consumed have meat on them.
5. 252 million pounds of pepperoni are consumed on pizza annually
6. 4 in 10 people list Pepperoni as their favorite topping. Followed by cheese and mushroom.
7. 93% of Americans eat at least one slice of pizza per month.
8. 46% of pizza eaters’ pair is with soda, followed by beer and water.
9. There are 70,000 pizzerias in the U.S. which is 8% of the nation’s restaurants
65% of those pizzerias are independently owned.
10. Reasons to eat pizza include the agreeability of eating pizza among family and friends, it’s convenient, and the restaurant ambiance is fun!
11. Our pizza ALWAYS tastes great!